The Shalya Tantra department is a branch of Ashtanga Ayurveda in Mahaveer Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital, Meerut. The teaching faculties of the department are expert in various Surgical and Para surgical procedures. This department has its own OPD, IPD, Minor Operation Theater (Sastra Karma, Kshara karma, Kshara /sutra, Agnikarma & Rakamokshana Units) and
Major Operation Theater.
The department has its own well-equipped operation theatre where all the surgical procedures like Appendectomy, Cholecystectomy, Hernial repairs, Mastectomy, etc. are done under sterile environment under proper Anesthesia. All the patients are given proper treatment under the outdoor and indoor patient department. The department carried out various camps regarding Ayurvedic surgery.
The department is well-equipped
With all surgical specimens, models, teaching materials, surgical photos and charts.
The department has its own library
With nearly 56 books
• To give best Ayurveda Knowledge related Shalya Tantra .
• To focus on the approach of students is toward the various modern tools and techniques of investigation.
• To impart strict discipline and management of operation theater.
• To give knowledge of ancient principles of Shalya Tantra of Ayurveda in regard to surgical and para-surgical concept of diseases, their treatment and betterment of patients are also to be taught during their course.
• To run a full-fledged hospital along with the Ayurvedic surgery techniques and specialties.
• To provide the basic medical and health facility to local villagers as well as other people of Meerut and surrounding states.
• To make the Department of Shalya Tantra (surgery) up to mark to fulfill the reaching and trainging requirement to a student of final year of BAMS.
• To provide sufficient resources for a complete knowledge of surgery at the level as given above.
1. To develop objective parameters of the entities related Shalya Tantra
2. To give sufficient knowledge to handle surgical cases.
1. During the year, theoretical as well as practical teaching, training and guidance in the subject of Shalya Tantra were provided to students of BAMS.
2. Students learned Shalya Tantra by co-relating Ayurveda and Modern aspect of surgery.
3. Various workshops and seminars were organized for the overall development of the students on behalf of Shalya Tantra Department.
Stock in Department
1. COMPUTER: – 1
2. PRINTER: – 1
3. DEPARTMENTAL LIBRARY BOOKS: – 56
4. NUMBER OF CHARTS: – 39
5. NUMBER OF MODELS: – 17
6. NUMBER OF SPECIMEN: – 24
7. THEORY CLASSES: – 38
8. PRACTICAL CLASSES: – 06